The Securistyle Restrictor friction hinge range is a specialist hinge that restricts opening a window to approx 100mm – a fantastic child safety feature.A useful feature is that the restrictor can be over-ridden by depressing the button to allow for full opening if required.This is the side hung option meaning the hinges are attached at the top and bottom of the window sash.
- Extended enclosed end cap to enhance weather sealing
- Built-in mechanism limits initial opening
- Built-in quick release lever allows the window to be fully opened for easy cleaning, total ventilation
- Handed ‘profiled’ vent arm further enhancing weather seal
- Restrictor automatically relocates and resets when the window is closed
- Unique patented robust cam friction device eliminates any risk of friction screw misuse
- Slot hole slot format will provide the ability to adjust the vent easily
- Capable of complying with BS 6375-2 and EN 13126-5
- 10 or 12 year guarantee dependant on material selection (details available upon request)
- Standard ferritic (was 430) steel tested to BS EN 10088-2 Grade 1.4016
- Austenitic (was 304) stainless steel tested to BS EN 10088-2 Grade 1 1.4301 for enhanced corrosion resistance
Maintenance and Lubrication
As with most mechanical devices, hinges require periodic maintenance and lubrication. The hinge in general and particularly the pivots, sliding shoe and track must be kept free from dirt, debris and any obstructions at all times.
At Time of Installation – Lubricate all pivot points with light machine oil and wipe away excess, one drop per pivot is sufficient. We suggest one of the following lubricants or equivalent:
a. General light engineering oil with corrosion inhibitors such as Castrol Everyman or 3 in 1 oil (available in aerosol can for convenience).
Note: Solvent based aerosol sprays e.g. WD40 are not suitable for this application.
Every Five Years – Carry out the following checks every five years:
a. Clean any dirt or debris from the hinge and clear any obstructions from the pivots, sliding shoe and track.
b. Apply lubrication as detailed above.
c. Check the tightness and security of all fixing screws and rivets.